Master Green Chemistry and Processes for Biomass (Green CAP)
Today the chemical industry must adapt to cope with the increasing scarcity of resources, the new regulations, and the social, ecological and political pressure. In this context, the use of renewable resources like feedstocks or microbial biomass represents a real interest to prepare functional bioproducts and to contribute to energetic transition which constitutes significant levers for innovation. By combining the different disciplines Green chemistry, Catalysis, (Bio)Processes, and Formulation, this master aims at providing the essential tools to develop clean and safe processes involved in the new emerging fields of agribusiness.
Aims of the program
- Train engineers able to implement clean technologies in a context of sustainable development to provide solutions in the fields of green chemistry and bioprocesses.
- Master the transformation of renewable resources by catalytic or biotechnological means,
- Develop functional, safe and innovative bioproducts, according to an ecodesign approach.
Integration of students in the field of process and green chemistry.
The first semester (M1) is a semester for international master (SIM) shared with other international masters of INPT-INSA, and dedicated to the scientific integration of students. It includes a bibliographic project.
The second semester (M1) includes thematic courses combining tutorials, seminars and a project. It is divided in 4 teaching units (TU).
- TU1 – Sustainable Process
- TU2 – Tools for a green Chemistry
- TU3 – Polymer Sciences
- TU4 – Langage and Project
The third semester (M2) is divided into 6 TU:
- TU1 – Tools in green chemistry and processes
- TU2 – Bioprocess
- TU3 – Formulation
- TU4 – Conception of Bioproducts
- TU5 – Catalysis for alternative Energies
- TU6 – Project
The fourth semester (M2) is dedicated to the internship (Master thesis) of 5 to 6 months in a company, in a research & development center or in one of the laboratories linked to the master.
Research Institutions & Industrial Partners
The educational staff in charge of the master are research faculty members. They work in these internationally recognised laboratories in the fields of green chemistry, catalysis, green processes and bioprocesses.
- LCA (Laboratory of Agro-Industrial Chemistry), a joint research centre INRA1010, supported by the transfer centre: CRITT-CATAR Agroressources,
- LGC (Laboratory of Chemical Engineering), a joint research centre INPT-UPS and INSIS, supported by the transfer centre: CRITT Génie des Procédés et de l’environnement (in French).
- LCC (Laboratory of Coordination Chemistry), a CNRS research unit.
The three laboratories have close relations with the industry, as shown by the publication of many patents, by the awards received and by the affiliation with institutions of excellence (Institut Carnot 3BCAR, Laboratory of Sustainable energy).
The students can benefit from this partnership network in the framework of their project or the search of an internship.
The GreenCAP Master is particularly suited to students wishing to specialize in the valorisation of biomass for industrial applications by using clean processes.
Placements and prospects are mainly in the fields of research and development, production, engineering, consultancy or environmental assessment.
Employment sectors are: Energy production chains, Ecotechnologies, Fine Chemistry, Bioproducts of specialities, Cosmetics & health, Agro-industry and the Environment.
- (reduction down to 5000€/year for academic partners and selected students)
Masters of Science are national degrees accredited by the French ministry of higher education
Further studies: PhD program (3 years)
All MSc Degree holders are allowable to take a step forward in the academic track to get the PhD degree
Pre-requisite: Bachelor’s degree
Toulouse INP offers scholarships through a reduction of fees.
Students can apply to different other scholarship programs (governmental scholarships, European student mobility programs, French Eiffel and French embassies’ scholarship programs, training support programs from private foundations and companies)
copy of Bachelor diploma
english level attestation.